In our new reality, there are more alcohol-based sanitizing & disinfecting products at home, in the purse, in the car, on the nightstand, etc., than ever before. Mis-use of hand sanitizers can be deadly, especially when there are young children around!
- As families continue to more hand sanitizer during the COVID-19 pandemic, the
National Poison Data System received more reports of unintentional exposures in children.
- Highly poisonous Methanol laced sanitizers from Mexico has resulted in FDA recalls of over “200” brands!
- There are already known deaths due to the ingestion of this poison!
- The American Academy of Pediatrics urges parents to keep hand sanitizers out of children’s reach.
- Swallowing just a tiny amount of hand sanitizer can cause alcohol poisoning in children and can cause low blood sugar, seizures, coma, and even death.